Call Us: US - +1 845 478 5244 | UK - +44 20 7193 7850 | AUS - +61 2 8005 4826


The Clerk & Comptroller may assist with the preparation of documents relating to a Simplified Dissolution of Marriage case. Each spouse must sign the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. A Property Settlement Agreement must be prepared and each spouse must sign the agreement. A financial affidavit must be completed and filed by each spouse. A certificate must be signed in the presence of the deputy clerk or notary by a corroborating witness who knows that either the husband or the wife has lived in the State of Florida for more than six (6) months before the Petition for Simplified Dissolution of Marriage was signed. You do not need a witness if you have a valid Florida Driver’s license that is more than six (6) months old. The deputy clerk will schedule the hearing and give each spouse a notice of hearing at the time the case is filed and the filing fee is paid.

Some forms are provided online for your convenience. Forms can be completed by using Adobe Acrobat and then printed on your printer. However, the information you enter can not be saved if you are using the free Adobe Reader. If you are using the Adobe Reader, please complete and print the documents in the packet and bring with you to the Clerk & Comptroller’s Office. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer, click the link below to download the free Adobe Reader.