What digital services could Kimberley-Clarke add that is consistent with their products? (E.g. a find-a-bathroom feature for Cottonelle – NOTE: you may not use this idea.)
Read the article found at https://www.zdnet.com/article/what-is-the-internet-of-things-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-iot-right-now/.
Visit electronicshub.org to learn some basic information about sensors (https://www.electronicshub.org/different-types-sensors/).
Next, propose a way technology can turn one of their consumer products into a smart product that will make consumers’ everyday lives better. Specifically, include the following:
1. Specify the consumer product on which you will focus. Are you adding intelligence to the product and its packaging and/or a separate but related device? Explain.
Regardless, it must directly relate to one of the brands in Kimberley Clark’s existing product lines: Adult Care (http://www.kimberly-clark.com/ourbrands/adultcare.aspx, Baby and Child Care, (http://www.kimberly-clark.com/ourbrands/babychildcare.aspx), Family Care (facial tissue, toilet paper, paper towels), (http://www.kimberly-clark.com/ourbrands/familycare.aspx), or Feminine Care (http://www.kimberly-clark.com/ourbrands/femininecare.aspx).
2. What digital capabilities would you add to this specific product via some existing sensor technology? Explain and specify which sensor technology that would be used and why.
3. What information would the product convey, and who would receive it: the user, the store, the company, or someone else?
4. How does the consumer interact with the smart product and benefit from its digital capabilities? Explain.
5. How and when does the user receive information from it? What about the store, company or some other party?
6. What digital services could Kimberley-Clarke add that is consistent with their products? (E.g. a find-a-bathroom feature for Cottonelle – NOTE: you may not use this idea.)