What caused the dramatic changes to the American family and what are those changes?
Using the textbook and the South University Online Library, write a 1000-word (minimum) paper. Refer to the APA resources found in the course home page, and thoroughly address each of the following questions:
Families have changed greatly over the past 60 years, and they continue to become more diverse.
- Why is the family considered the most important agent of socialization?
- What caused the dramatic changes to the American family? What are those changes?
- Describe the differences in marriage and family life that are linked to class, race, gender, and personal choice.
- Do you feel the trend toward diverse families is positive or negative?
- If the trend changed toward traditional (pre-World War II) families, how would that affect women’s rights?