Forensic Behavior Analysis
The mission of the Criminal Justice (CRIM) program at Stockton University is to provide students with an understanding of the criminal justice system from the perspective of the social sciences. Its primary focus is academic – an examination of an important aspect of American society – rather than training for specific roles in the criminal justice system.
To achieve our mission, the program plans to:
- Have students learn different theories of crime and criminality and their applicability to criminal justice issues.
- Have students understand principles of criminal justice research.
- Have students apply basic statistical concepts.
- Encourage students to think critically and evaluate the quality of sources of information.
- Provide students with a greater understanding of the police and the issues confronting law enforcement.
- Provide students with a greater understanding of the courts, legal system, and Constitution and the critical issues confronting these entities and their place in the criminal justice system and our society.
- Provide students with a greater understanding of corrections and the issues confronting the corrections systems.
- Teach students about the complex relationships between diverse groups and the U.S. criminal justice system.
- Introduce students to comparative and global issues related to the criminal justice system.
- Introduce students to ethical considerations in criminal justice work.
- Prepare students to continue their education at the graduate level.
- Expose students to topics in criminal justice through different modes of experiential learning.
Criminal Justice Program Vision
The Criminal Justice program vision is to provide a broad knowledge of the criminal justice system while providing students with content on the specific trends, challenges, and advances in the field. In order to do that we:
- Ensure our curriculum is current and course content is updated.
- Assess content in all of our core courses, make adjustments, and report results back to the program.
- Provide relevant programs and CJ career series sessions to our students.
- Provide students with vital information and career opportunities via email, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Work together to create by-laws and a governing structure for our program to ensure all faculty have a voice.
The program mission aligns with the university mission.