Explain how the theorists after the Greeks viewed moral character.
This is your first take home exam for this class. Please read all of the directions before beginning the assignment.
Directions: Please answer three of the four following essay questions using any class notes, reading materials, or class discussion information. You MUST answer questions #1 and #2. You can choose between question #3 or question #4.
You must demonstrate to me that you understand the material we discuss in class.
Reminder:This is a course on ethical behavior.
- Question #1 (REQUIRED): Please answer the following two questions using the article “Moral Character.”
- First: Explain why character matters in our modern world.
- Second: Using your understanding of Greek moral thought, explain why virtue is so important.
- Question #2 (REQUIRED): Explain how the theorists after the Greeks viewed moral character. Pick two philosophers.
Pick ONE of the two questions below to answer.
- Question #3:
- A: State Noam Chomsky’s position or concern in his article, “What Makes Mainstream Mainstream.”
- B: If you agree with his basic position, state why you support his thesis. If you disagree with his thesis, explain why.