components of group observation in an effort to name and label various components of group dynamics and individual behaviors.
Assignment 2: RA 1: Group Observation and Analysis Paper
In this assignment, you will conduct a group observation in an effort to name and label various components of group dynamics and individual behaviors. You can expect to observe and describe the group’s norms, sometimes called unwritten rules of the group, which are formed quickly during the meeting. You need to observe the group and label various components of the decision-making process and problem-solving strategies being used by the group.
You will be able to identify how you would intervene, as a facilitator, to either keep the group on track or provide positive feedback to the group when the group is working well. The most important observation you will make is whether the group is functioning in a manner that is helping or hurting its effort to attain its goals.
- Form a group with a minimum of four people to observe the completion of a task together (i.e., staff meeting). The group’s purpose is to provide clinical staffing for a client at a human services agency.
- Create a 5- to 6-page paper critiquing the group’s functioning regarding its processes and dynamics by addressing the following:
- Describe the group’s agenda, norms, decision-making process, problem-solving strategies, and members’ roles.
- Critique the group’s functioning. Explain whether it is an effective group and how its functioning promotes or interferes with achieving its goals.
- Determine how you would intervene as a facilitator.
- Support all your answers with research and utilize 3–4 scholarly sources that are cited in APA format.